Re: SliTaz association - Cotisation poll/sondage

Le Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:04:24 +0200,
Christophe Lincoln <pankso@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:28:17 +0200
> Pierre ROMILLON <pierre.romillon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi,
>
> > So, I am not able to be a member, but I ready to donate for Slitaz
> > AND BTW, sponsoring new members (anybody who wants to be member)
> > with my donation.I want my donation pay for peoples who have not
> > money enough to be members. Create a waiting memberslist, date per
> > date (first subscribe first on the list), each X euros of donation
> > = a new member. I don't believe it's harder to create a GNU/Linux
> > OS from scratch... :-) It could be harder to manage ... :-)
>
> Nice idea, mybe we can do colored donation (money must be used for a
> specific task). But dont forget that members must pay the fee each
> year, so maybe one year it can become member with your donation but
> the year after...

Speaking of that I like the way of dealing with this by Debian France
(http://france.debian.net): There are 2 types* of member, active and
ordinary:
- active members pays and have a deliberative vote
- ordinanry don't pay and have a consultative vote
I guess that's a good way to keep an ex-active members part of the
association even if he can't afford the price for one year.

* In fact there are 4 types of member (honorary, benefactor, active and
  ordinary), roughly:
    - benefactor are individuals or organization (or
      sustaining, patron...) pay a more important amount (250
      euros as of today) and have a consultative vote
    - active members are individuals, and individuals only,
       pay the regular amount and have a deliberative vote,
    - honorary are active or ordinary members rewarded for
      their implication in the association, they don't pay and
      have a consultative vote in the General Assembly,
    - ordinary members are individuals or organizations who don't pay
      and have a deliberative vote More details can be found on the
      website of the association (http://france.debian.net).

Arnaud.