Re: SliTaz association - Cotisation poll/sondage

> First of all, I will answer the question ;-)
>
> Personnally I could pay a little more to become a member (150-200 €)
> and the fact to receive goodies or support would not change this
> amount.
>
> Just few reflexions about the amount of membership dues.
>
> My first reaction was that this amount is a little bit expensive for
> individuals and a little cheap for organisations (especially for
> private companies). So why not fix two membership dues, one for
> individuals (and non profit organization), 50 € for instance, and the
> second for other organizations, 200 € (knowing that to my mind the
> sponsoring is something different than membership)?

Yes sponsoring is something different and yes it seems that 100 Euro is
a bit to much...

> I know that if one can't afford the dues, it's always possible to
> make a donation, but I think that to be part of the project (member
> of the association) can be important for many people...

I think also and it is!

> On the other hand, since the association is just as it's beginning, it
> needs to raise some funds to start working. From this point of view it
> seems logical to fix more important membeship dues for the first year
> (of the association, not membership). The first members would have the
> privilege to have been founder members: "I was there at the beginning!
> Yeah!" ;-) And the question of membership dues could be debated later
> in General Assembly.

True and we must open the door to a wide range of people over the
world, so starting with a smaller few better.

> As a conclusion, I would suggest :
> (1) to keep an amount of 100 € for individuals and non profit
> organizations, with a mention somewhere that it will be a founding
> membership,

Looking to other anser with will start wih 40 Euros for individuals.

> (2) fix another amount for other organizations.

200 ? 300 ?

> Last but not least, about the goodies and support, beside what I told
> that it would not change the amount I would pay: I would love to have
> goodies (a sweater with a spider, ghaaa!)... And provide support his a
> really good idea: it could be useful for other people, especially
> organizations.

Support for organizations my also be part of an partner-sponsor
service. If we get a few nice sponsor it will benefit to everyone.

> That's just some ideas, to be debatted...

Thanks for the anser,