Re: SliTaz association - Cotisation poll/sondage

Christophe Lincoln wrote:

Hi,

First of all, I will answer the question ;-)

Personnally I could pay a little more to become a member (150-200 €)
and the fact to receive goodies or support would not change this
amount.

Just few reflexions about the amount of membership dues.

My first reaction was that this amount is a little bit expensive for
individuals and a little cheap for organisations (especially for
private companies). So why not fix two membership dues, one for
individuals (and non profit organization), 50 € for instance, and the
second for other organizations, 200 € (knowing that to my mind the
sponsoring is something different than membership)?

Yes sponsoring is something different and yes it seems that 100 Euro is
a bit to much...

I know that if one can't afford the dues, it's always possible to
make a donation, but I think that to be part of the project (member
of the association) can be important for many people...

I think also and it is!
On the other hand, since the association is just as it's beginning, it
needs to raise some funds to start working. From this point of view it
seems logical to fix more important membeship dues for the first year
(of the association, not membership). The first members would have the
privilege to have been founder members: "I was there at the beginning!
Yeah!" ;-) And the question of membership dues could be debated later
in General Assembly.

True and we must open the door to a wide range of people over the
world, so starting with a smaller few better.

As a conclusion, I would suggest :
(1) to keep an amount of 100 € for individuals and non profit
organizations, with a mention somewhere that it will be a founding
membership,

Looking to other anser with will start wih 40 Euros for individuals.

(2) fix another amount for other organizations.

200 ? 300 ?
Last but not least, about the goodies and support, beside what I told
that it would not change the amount I would pay: I would love to have
goodies (a sweater with a spider, ghaaa!)... And provide support his a
really good idea: it could be useful for other people, especially
organizations.

Support for organizations my also be part of an partner-sponsor
service. If we get a few nice sponsor it will benefit to everyone.

That's just some ideas, to be debatted...

Thanks for the anser,

Hi Christophe

30 - 40 Euros sounds about right.

The pounds really weak against the Euro at the moment :-)

Paul