Re: [Sawfish] preferred way to install on "recent" linux distro

Robert

Good it is going in xfce4 for you. i unfortunately have had no luck in
Xubuntu 1204... What did you put in your xinitrc file?

greg
~krsnadas.org

--

from:	 Robert 'Bobby' Zenz Robert.Zenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
to:	 sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello.

I'm not sure if Sawfish will work Gnome3, Gnome3 is not exactly that
classic-WM-friendly type of environment. Though, you could try.

For Sawfish I'd either suggest a "pure" Sawfish session, Xfce or Mate.
Sawfish works very good with Xfce and Mate, I had the former running
for some time and the later now as my main environment. Getting it to
run with Xfce is a little bit tricky, as you need to write a custom
..xinitrc to launch Xfce with Sawfish. With Mate it's easier, as you
just need to replace a value in the Mate-Conf
(/desktop/mate/session/required-components I think).

from:	 fuchur flohtransporter@xxxxxxxxx
to:	 sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:	 17 August 2012 12:59
subject:	 Re: [Sawfish] preferred way to install on "recent" linux distro

Install gnome 2 alongside with gnome 3 not work. On fedora i use xfce4
with sawfish. But now also mate is in the repos for 16 17 and also in
18.

Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0