Re: [Sawfish] preferred way to install on "recent" linux distro

Hello.

I'm not sure if Sawfish will work Gnome3, Gnome3 is not exactly that
classic-WM-friendly type of environment. Though, you could try.

For Sawfish I'd either suggest a "pure" Sawfish session, Xfce or Mate. Sawfish
works very good with Xfce and Mate, I had the former running for some time and
the later now as my main environment.
Getting it to run with Xfce is a little bit tricky, as you need to write a
custom .xinitrc to launch Xfce with Sawfish. With Mate it's easier, as you just
need to replace a value in the Mate-Conf
(/desktop/mate/session/required-components I think).