|Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish with gnome3|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish with gnome3
- From: Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 18:15:42 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=1btU9ARBO9ZyMJAZeFbzX60C3zUMrhYp5sogA9IXRTY=; b=RKsPngdYj5mAw40e4IVX2+16DXJtPX1FAX5qZsJxpyooGur8jKHav80CnyOhG3TFSE X5YG+qf+DLHrBmN+5Ov+R9dkb0hRpcDumedeUeHUsJ+kdeBCdcr1QZwP42TBIIwYNorT EA1D77LnkkAsmTUjqmXEbx8WOlCA/k7m2YlmY=
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It is ignored because gnome3 is using 'gsettings' and not 'gconf'.
> There is a graphic front-end for the first, called dconf, but it is
> so clumsy right now that 'gsettings' utility seems to be vastly
There doesn't seem to be any window manager setting there.
Seems to dump everything and I find nothing grepping for metacity,
compiz or the usual suspects.
> If anything can be set there to affect a window manager choice I
> have no idea.
Looks like not.
> OTOH "Classic GNOME" can be started up from gdm because there is
> a file /usr/share/xsessions/compiz-gnome.desktop and in it:
> Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-session --session=compiz-gnome
> where this 'compiz-gnome' is described by a text file
On Debian there is
that provides "Classic GNOME". It exec's gnome-session-fallback but
that doesn't like the "--session" argument added.
Looking at the xsession and gnome-session/sessions/ for plain gnome I
don't see what should be added. I'm guessing this line from
gnome.session is relevant:
I tried replacing "gnome-shell" with "sawfish" but then the option is
no longer presented in GDM3's login screen.
This kind of stuff is reaching MicroSoft levels of lockout.