|Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish with gnome3|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Sawfish with gnome3
- From: Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 21:25:57 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=+IJhh8H8cNOFlgq5ncDPPxhxGATShOZhgMW4Dyi1hxw=; b=WltNqGtkOY40uVuHQV66Z9muKtPLSFqmQBEh0sDzyOqyhrRbhQKthl3Zh0pah6RIcZ pKnodfVNmMOEfnaqTCq/s95OOkuUeUqw9AGeysygAH9o5CZLdLxlEOEZXUPZCfjKqIaU IUKSPXjzV0LUGOzQuS4QSQPkuXWzzG2hd9118=
Don't know if this will help:
go to the section:
Setting up gnome-shell to run on login
I'm getting ready to install gnome3 with sawfish and this the best I've come up with so far. Hope it helps.
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM, Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>
There doesn't seem to be any window manager setting there.
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> It is ignored because gnome3 is using 'gsettings' and not 'gconf'.
> There is a graphic front-end for the first, called dconf, but it is
> so clumsy right now that 'gsettings' utility seems to be vastly
Seems to dump everything and I find nothing grepping for metacity,
compiz or the usual suspects.
Looks like not.
> If anything can be set there to affect a window manager choice I
> have no idea.
On Debian there is
> OTOH "Classic GNOME" can be started up from gdm because there is
> a file /usr/share/xsessions/compiz-gnome.desktop and in it:
> Exec=/usr/bin/gnome-session --session=compiz-gnome
> where this 'compiz-gnome' is described by a text file
that provides "Classic GNOME". It exec's gnome-session-fallback but
that doesn't like the "--session" argument added.
Looking at the xsession and gnome-session/sessions/ for plain gnome I
don't see what should be added. I'm guessing this line from
gnome.session is relevant:
I tried replacing "gnome-shell" with "sawfish" but then the option is
no longer presented in GDM3's login screen.
This kind of stuff is reaching MicroSoft levels of lockout.