Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon RS232 emulation

Erm, OK. I totally missed that Windows has "con" as a special file handle. So when I looked at our screenshot, saw some output and then looked at my Linux console and saw nothing, it didn't occur to me that the output is actually in a file called "con". :)

So yes, RS232 output works and yes, on SCC for Falcon.. However if Falcon has (officially) only one serial port, why wasting the UI checkbox for nothing? It could easily redirect SCC output instead of MFP output.

Or, if you are strongly against it, please at least rename it to MFP output to make it less misleading.

And ideally, add an option to choose MFP/SCC ports in the UI. :)

Anyway, thanks for help Christian (I don't understand how you could get that shell, are you sure you have downloaded the bootable snapshot?)

On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 at 20:57, Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Miro Kropáček schrieb:

>   * I boot TOS 4.04
>   * I use Hatari's GEMDOS emulation (hence using mint030*h*.prg)

I'm afraid that seems to cause an entirely unrelated failure for me. See
attachment. Notice how it wants to load stuff from A: and not from the
GEMDOS drive C:. (Any yes, I'm using mint030H.prg.) I have no time for
debugging this.

Maybe you can try using EmuTOS to see if it makes a difference for you
w.r.t. capturing the SCC output.

Regards
Christian
--