Re: [hatari-devel] (raw) MIDI connection reliability?

Am Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:40:17 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 25.6.2022 10.48, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:19:43 +0300
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> >> Does attached patch look OK?  I mean, can we trust on errno being set
> >> (glibc fgetc manual does not say anything about errno)...
> >
> > I don't think this is ok yet: According to the 3p man page of fgetc, errno
> > only gets set on errors, not on end-of-file conditions, so I think you
> > explicitely have to clear errno first if you want to check it afterwards.
>
> Thanks.  With that fixed, does it look good enough to go in for the release?

Should be fine, I guess. In the worst case, we just get bogus error
messages here, right?

> Btw. I forgot to mention results of my debugging yesterday:
>
> * There were no errors logged (once I disregarded some pre-existing
> "file not found" errno value).
>
> * It seemed that MidWiz receiving end tried to read one byte more than
> was written.  I'm not sure about that though because both ends were
> hanging though

I assume the problem is not related to the host side, but rather a bug in
the MIDI hardware emulation. Needs more investigation, but I think this
should not block the release since it is not a regression.