Re: [hatari-devel] Can't build Hatari on Mac if PortMidi is not installed

Am Sun, 29 May 2022 19:30:09 +0300

> I've just tested it and it works, although it's a bit fragile.  For some
> reason MIDI communication sometimes takes a lot of time / or times out.
>   I tested several TOS and machine configs, but could not find a
> repeatable pattern.  STE / TOS 2 or EmuTOS did seem more reliable that
> ST / TOS 1.x though.
>

> There were also few other games I tested for MIDI ring networking
> functionality:
>
> * MidiMaze 1 I did not get working, it just gave a "MIDI Boo-Boo" dialog
> after trying to connect, but it's apparently known to be buggy(?)
>
> * Midimaze 3 is beta version, and GUI lost mouse cursor (under EmuTOS
> v1.1.1) before I was able to start game from the menu.
>
> * Masters of Chaos did connect with MIDI between two Hatari instances,
> but I have no idea what it was doing with the connection
>
> * JitterBug threw an error after game run for a while

I can add another game here (which I tested recently while working on the
RS232 code): Oxyd 2 ... the game now works fine when starting the
two-player mode via an RS232 connection, but when using MIDI, it aborts
after a couple of seconds (at least I never made it any further than level
two when using MIDI).

Something is definitely still causing major trouble here...