Re: [hatari-devel] (raw) MIDI connection reliability?

On 25.6.2022 10.48, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:19:43 +0300
On 18.6.2022 16.05, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Anyway, since EOF is guaranteed to be negative, it shouldn't
really matter much in this case, so never mind, let's just
leave the code as it is.

I think I need to update logging to check errno instead of return value.
    Now it ignores all errors as they all get mapped to EOF return value.

Does attached patch look OK?  I mean, can we trust on errno being set
(glibc fgetc manual does not say anything about errno)...

I don't think this is ok yet: According to the 3p man page of fgetc, errno
only gets set on errors, not on end-of-file conditions, so I think you
explicitely have to clear errno first if you want to check it afterwards.

Thanks.  With that fixed, does it look good enough to go in for the release?

Btw. I forgot to mention results of my debugging yesterday:

* There were no errors logged (once I disregarded some pre-existing "file not found" errno value).

* It seemed that MidWiz receiving end tried to read one byte more than was written. I'm not sure about that though because both ends were hanging though