Re: [hatari-devel] (raw) MIDI connection reliability?

Am Sat, 18 Jun 2022 16:19:43 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 18.6.2022 16.05, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> >> Anyway, since EOF is guaranteed to be negative, it shouldn't
> >> really matter much in this case, so never mind, let's just
> >> leave the code as it is.
> >
> > I think I need to update logging to check errno instead of return value..
> >    Now it ignores all errors as they all get mapped to EOF return value.
>
> Does attached patch look OK?  I mean, can we trust on errno being set
> (glibc fgetc manual does not say anything about errno)...

I don't think this is ok yet: According to the 3p man page of fgetc, errno
only gets set on errors, not on end-of-file conditions, so I think you
explicitely have to clear errno first if you want to check it afterwards.