|Re: [hatari-devel] CPU dialog option fine-tuning|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] CPU dialog option fine-tuning
- From: Daniel Hedberg <daniel.hedberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 23:34:09 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=LlkGLnh8FEh4HNg5Jbjthwk0VJunGTGBPO7x0k+0tZM=; b=qZpfBX50mPE/dxQUfoe6yEYvRv7T7OH5FcO8nzripw6cyws9XbYlTtigrDUI4AYB3Z T7RwPOtT9kbEcTZWj+ABrT3hftHB9SDH6DaK1PcPa4iKgUcymMj9SHhW+D0duicSdcVH IAwKe9DGQbOt70U5ULmEjOxjcSHXUJookcAV651JupK/6kNx8tRxapRBqP/8rZ3jD5UN 9vE6ROo4+lRhMMj1BTkP4cY4XPGTblWoogGAis0fAgoyUUesW6v76yn0pTCYPr6x3xh0 /YAlBFHoG1S8BxQeTHhBUAPZ6f6yXXBvbsXKuZR5eJhh+8PMVetmkYVOh74USwIj5yN7 /NkA==
Here's my take on it. I'd make the dialog a bit taller and use an asterisk to avoid repeating the same note over and over (also saves some horizontal space):
CPU emulation parameters
[x] Prefetch emulation*
[x] Cycle-exact with cache emulation*
[x] MMU emulation
[x] 24-bit addressing
[x] Accurate FPU emulation*
* Uses more host CPU
This also allows for a longer explanation, such as:
* Requires a faster host CPU
* Requires a more powerful host CPU
Le 15/06/2022 à 21:48, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> On 12.6.2022 23.46, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>>> Yes definitely better, but I think there's enough space for more
>>> accurate explanation.
>>> Nicolas, what you would think of:
>>> CPU emulation parameters
>>> [x] prefetch emulation (uses more host CPU)
>>> [x] cycle-exact / cache emulation (can use much more host CPU)
>>> [x] MMU emulation
>>> [x] 24-bit addressing
>>> [x] accurate FPU emulation (uses more host CPU)
>> sounds fine to me, "slower" like it was before could indeed be
> It did not quite fit as above.
> Attached is patch, and a screenshot comparing the result with how the
> current GUI looks like.
> I also changed the keyboard shortcuts a bit, so
> that they're on first letter which IMHO is more
> intuitive (and in case of "None", conforms with
> System dialog).
> Does that still look OK?
for 2nd choice "cache emulation / cycle exact (ditto)", I think it's
better to keep "cycle exact" first in the text, because it's really the
most important parameter. As it's the "cpu emulation parameters" window
maybe some "emulation" words can be removed to gain space. so maybe
"cycle exact / cache (uses more host cpu)" would fit ? (not a big fan of
for the fpu text, I'm not sure "no host FPU use" will be understandable
by everybody ; maybe "accurate FPU (uses more host CPU)" would be enough ?