Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon tests

Hi Roger,

On 7.6.2022 22.21, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 7 Jun 2022 at 11:29, David Savinkoff wrote:
I re-read the detailed documentation and looked at the UI.

Thanks!

The current
documentation is really pretty accurate; perhaps the only thing I would suggest
changing is:

*******
--compatible <bool>
Use a more compatible, but slower 68000 CPU mode with better prefetch accuracy
and cycle counting
*******

Perhaps it should be changed to something like:

*******
--compatible <bool>
Use a more compatible 68000 CPU mode with better prefetch accuracy and cycle
counting. Note that this will increase host CPU usage, so may reduce
performance on slow host CPUs.
*******

But the UI is definitely open to misinterpretation (there isn't much space for
details).  Right now, it says:

*******
Prefetch mode, slower
Cycle exact, slower
*******

It might be clearer to say:

*******
Prefetch mode, uses more host CPU
Cycle exact, uses more host CPU
*******

Yes definitely better, but I think there's enough space for more accurate explanation.

Nicolas, what you would think of:
CPU emulation parameters

[x] prefetch emulation (uses more host CPU)
[x] cycle-exact / cache emulation (can use much more host CPU)
[x] MMU emulation
[x] 24-bit addressing
[x] accurate FPU emulation (uses more host CPU)