|Re: [hatari-devel] Deadlock while closing serial port|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Deadlock while closing serial port
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 09:33:00 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1653643983; bh=qXxEn1IyB0c/BqYqG2p/IgIo27r296560B8m3xEuWOA=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=Dwk6wvlHzSnfXfGypZ2IxosHOZyk6bRModPUZdYWbsdYXPQsB1rMZxtrUGkyijN12 +mZduco701kqSsurhF018Msdtxq+xyW69xzVue3V35U6gkwHx08q4F6uuo/0omE2hY O3hJYmiOSv7WfxtOTtDXwLL3IUHC2BeGthUBzal5NbHqLtY756aUn0uGrJ9BNSgvPh 72xvpk6MCXJb1v5hO0XBsPOSwEkvLn9eYdKVt1dTYHkJLijZbLs6IsdaeeGRG24FeU qof+/TcCHXeRiXdRI1m7gic952KUXMzyf0jivOeZVN6ekR4NnwCXiPX5jEUO1ubJoA T+0AZPS0hEGbw==
Am Sat, 30 Apr 2022 12:07:48 +0000
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Am Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:57:12 +0200
> schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Samstag, 30. April 2022 11:45:59 CEST Christian Zietz wrote:
> > > sadly
> > > the best suggestion I can give is to use Steem.
> > I never tried with real serial interfaces, but Aranym should work, too. Unlike
> > Hatari, it uses the cygwin library, which does emulate (at least some of) the
> > termios functions.
> Does Cygwin support O_NONBLOCK? If so, that could be an option for the
> people who want to use RS232 in Hatari on Windows - since Hatari can be
> compiled with Cygwin, too.
I noticed that we already have a File_InputAvailable() function in file.c
that could be used for polling, so I changed now the rs232 code to use
that, too, and dropped the thread code there now.
Not that this function uses select(), so I guess this still won't work
right on Windows... if someone really needs the rs232 code there, they have
to come up with an implementation of File_InputAvailable() for this OS (I
personally neither have a clue nor an installation to test this).