Re: [hatari-devel] Deadlock while closing serial port

Am Sat, 30 Apr 2022 12:07:48 +0000
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:57:12 +0200
> schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > On Samstag, 30. April 2022 11:45:59 CEST Christian Zietz wrote:
> > > sadly
> > > the best suggestion I can give is to use Steem.
> >
> > I never tried with real serial interfaces, but Aranym should work, too. Unlike
> > Hatari, it uses the cygwin library, which does emulate (at least some of) the
> > termios functions.
>
> Does Cygwin support O_NONBLOCK? If so, that could be an option for the
> people who want to use RS232 in Hatari on Windows - since Hatari can be
> compiled with Cygwin, too.

I noticed that we already have a File_InputAvailable() function in file.c
that could be used for polling, so I changed now the rs232 code to use
that, too, and dropped the thread code there now.
Not that this function uses select(), so I guess this still won't work
right on Windows... if someone really needs the rs232 code there, they have
to come up with an implementation of File_InputAvailable() for this OS (I
personally neither have a clue nor an installation to test this).