|Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE patch
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:45:44 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1647787557; bh=BevhM9TgbDP8tXVLTOKBqNxHtJRq3EB7OK9Zw4nIVOM=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=KCgLdqrCM/fXo2VKT0BBkv2eNw0ILntnA3qyNPKl6aD6ud0VC94ZLJgBFS1JiOKme u8QcTEVFrPXulpnZ7Qxashj4odXTP4WSUCFnzl/88JXxPhUxS8X/ajdDOenONyKa3W S1ZvTOZJBf7mAuc2VGmgRMAuN+OK1BSPkDQ+hQHKgmk+cEeuZjoWSlWX65Ks2zuWHZ U4psn4V9YxNtCHhMPdojKgO74mvmr7DsKzHXOv/sy4pXcXTR112JYcYu1PevqXAXi9 Onr7ZgvHXs9k177MZjlW+YZYM+TtM+JkSaVMiIFpYAVJcXi4g7Y8I9Bcw3GzvRAO/W mYW3almSvL/Tw==
Am Sun, 20 Mar 2022 09:12:37 +0100
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > So it would be better to have one patch to update the magic constants, one
> > patch to fix mode sense, etc.
> I know what you mean, but it would have made everything even more
> complicated from my perspective.
Well, if you squash everything together into one patch, it gets more
complicated for the maintainers of a project - review is more difficult,
bi-secting is more difficult later for debugging ... thus every non-trivial
project that I know (and I'd say that Hatari is non-trivial, too) requires
contributors to split up non-trivial patches. But maybe I'm also just
contributing to the wrong projects ;-)
> It took very long for my first patch to
> be reviewed, and at that time there were already other minor changes in my
It's perfectly fine to juggle multiple patches in a git branch.
Interactive rebases ("git rebase -i") are your friends!
> Anyway, please just discard all of my recent patches.
Fortunately, the hunks in your big patch were pretty much independent, so I
was at least able to split out the fix for mode sense in there.