|Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE patch|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE patch
- From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 22:55:07 +0100
- Authentication-results: strato.com; dkim=none
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1647554107; s=strato-dkim-0002; d=seimet.de; h=In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:Subject:To:From:Date:Cc:Date:From: Subject:Sender; bh=OrN+cRg3RdTx/7faLebuPD9uH0njMxGlTuOvKivSQ6o=; b=NAydEnVtAo6maitazh/boBihpOe5siJnYqkcvNE/DK4iN6BFI8rrgL8Va8mfiJTVJ8 LaHoPJYjzFLR5jen+Q1o8qPvdWFrpz3wrVqWG45H505kOo/Py1VxsyMcSTeqrX3VgMoO pzZxZlYbUlJ+lNtUq5oQVYyfC7n2N5qZLVMdbwQWvJUHiPbUA+r5CDWEvIaGCxziJYzM ooNDuDJSiFxmY0Te+ukAg+t6dIyF5dsz/PveGSL7LBEJDawG9QpDtLKTiGc0Qw/rpsoM 1SKlrdEyfK3clurNtGOT3FVH0DfLyMjZzv1RFt9txOyd6PfnEkzP0L0mNko+29x/DVvq MrKQ==
This is my (consolidated) patch. I hope I did not miss anything. As already
mentioned the DBD bit is not checked, but it was also not checked before,
and I did not want to spend more time on this.
> > >> Uh, that's a bit involved, as it was from m68k Linux. Quick instructions...
> > >
> > > I'm afraid I am not prepared to spend time on testing on Linux-68k. In this
> > > case I suggest that you simply revert all of my changes.
> > Sorry, I should have been more clear that this was *not* a regression.
> > My reply was about letting people know that your SENSE patch did not
> > resolve that (already known) issue, and the attached output from your
> > "full CDB" patch hopefully providing more info, in case somebody will
> > look at implementing what Linux expects.
> I see :). I indeed thought you were talking about a regression. Without
> knowing the details when looking at the code that displays this message I
> would have expected the message to be independent of the OS (i.e. Intel or
> 68K Linux). You should consider extending the error message so that it
> display the number of bytes returned, e.g.
> Log_Printf(LOG_WARN, "HDC: *** Strange REQUEST SENSE: %d bytes ***!\n"i,
> This may help with analyzing the problem.
> Best regards