Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE patch

> >> Uh, that's a bit involved, as it was from m68k Linux.  Quick instructions...
> >
> > I'm afraid I am not prepared to spend time on testing on Linux-68k. In this
> > case I suggest that you simply revert all of my changes.
>
> Sorry, I should have been more clear that this was *not* a regression.
>
> My reply was about letting people know that your SENSE patch did not
> resolve that (already known)  issue, and the attached output from your
> "full CDB" patch hopefully providing more info, in case somebody will
> look at implementing what Linux expects.

I see :). I indeed thought you were talking about a regression. Without
knowing the details when looking at the code that displays this message I
would have expected the message to be independent of the OS (i.e. Intel or
68K Linux). You should consider extending the error message so that it
display the number of bytes returned, e.g.

Log_Printf(LOG_WARN, "HDC: *** Strange REQUEST SENSE: %d bytes ***!\n"i,
  nRetLen);

This may help with analyzing the problem.

Best regards

Uwe