Re: [hatari-devel] MODE SENSE update patch

Am Sat, 19 Mar 2022 18:26:23 +0100
schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> I know my messages are ignored here. Anyway another try: Previous emulates MODE SENSE, including the DBD bit. Everything tested for years now. No need to re-invent anything.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/src/scsi.c#l1001 <https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/src/scsi.c#l1001>

You're certainly not ignored here, Andreas, and your link is very valuable
information! But you also have to acknowledge that the code cannot be
copied one-to-one around, since it has to be adapted to the other SCSI code
in Hatari, and then also needs testing whether it still works as expected
with the various SCSI and ACSI drivers that are available on the Ataris.
So this is quite some work to do. But anyway, even if we don't copy the
code over, it's very good to see the values that you are using there for
mode sense, so that we have something to compare! So thank you very much
for the link!