Re: [hatari-devel] Some buttons are not deselected / accepted

Am Sat, 4 Sep 2021 13:31:10 +0300

> Hi,
>
> On 4.9.2021 0.19, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > Mystery solved. As expected, this was a setup issue, although an
> > intriguing one. For some reason, in the file dialog (and only
> > there),
>
> File dialog seems to be only one requesting
> SDLGui_DoDialog() to notify it of "unknown"
> events.
>

> > SDL generates a "SDL_KEYMAPCHANGED" event which totally confuses
> > the SDL GUI handler. Interestingly, it has been added in SDL 2.0.4
> > so it surely must be coming only from my system. Why? No clue.
>
> SDL docs say it means that: "keymap changed due
> to a system event such as an input language or
> keyboard layout change".
>

> > Btw that handler is pretty fragile as you can see, one unknown
> > event and we abort everything, leaving the UI in quite a broken
> > state.
>
> I do not see why.  After file selector processes
> (ignores) the unknown event, SDLGui_DoDialog() is
> called again.

I just had a very quick look (no time for proper debugging and
fixing the problem right now, sorry), but I think you can also reproduce
this behavior on any other instance of Hatari, too: It happens if there
is another event between mouse button down and mouse button up (which
seems to happen automatically on Miro's system, but normally does not
happen for everybody else). So you can go to the file selection dialog,
push the mouse button down over one of the buttons there, then provoke a
different event like pressing the SHIFT key, and then just release the
mouse afterwards. The button then stays pressed.