Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer

Le 13/05/2020 à 20:17, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 5/13/20 7:59 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
it depends on the case, most of the time interpreting the results means looking at the screen and  checking if some pixels are aligned or in different colors (depending on which video test is performed), which is not usable with natfeats.

We can always add NatFeats call to request pixel
color(s) to be checked at specified screen
position(s), and output PASS or FAIL string
depending on whether there's a match.

There could be new "NF_TEST" NatFeats call for
doing emulator tests.  One of the call sub-IDs
would do this particular test, e.g. using
following stack signature:
ScreenColorMatch(uint16_t x, uint16_t y, uint16_t pixels, color_t *colors);

This would be really too complicated to check pixels at specified position, the pattern can be changing, but the result could be still correct.

well, at least that's how some my own test work : it's easy for a human to look at the screen and see if it works or not, it would be overkill/more complicated to write a program that would compare different screenshot or look for a pattern.

There could be other ways to test for overscan, for example check the value of the video counter after doing some frequency switches, but that's not how I did it for my own use. Maybe someone will feel like writing such program (even if in the case of the overscan, it's someone much faster to run 3 or 4 specific demo and see if they work ("Closure" by Sync can be a good candidate)