Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer

On Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020 18:49:43 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Here's example assembly and C-code for AHCC,

> GCC/GAS and VBCC/VASM:

If you are looking for code how to use that NF_STDERR feature: i've added that some time ago to mintlib, for example in https://github.com/freemint/mintlib/blob/master/mintlib/nf_ops.c and https://github.com/freemint/mintlib/blob/master/mintlib/nf_debug.c . Similar code has also been added to recent versions of https://github.com/freemint/libcmini

That code should work with gcc, Pure-C, AHCC, and VBCC, and provides a nf_debugprintf() function that can just be used as printf(), including format checking when using gcc.

>Or we add something similar to what is now done in the QEMU regression

>test suite:

In my rscview program that generates the dialogs for EmuTOS, i've added a v_write_png() VDI function that grabs the screen contents and generates a PNG file from it. Maybe you can use something similar (although i would not recommend PNG for this purpose, since the output file will be just to dependent on the actual PNG/zlib libraries being used; maybe PNM or BMP is better suited for this).