Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger GUI enquiry

On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 22:56, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I think rest of the debugger has grown organically little by little, and
> as a result, it is crusty...
>
> Thanks for the background. For the starting patch I'll probably only
implement a couple of commands (probably disasm, memory, regs, possibly
simple breakpoints) an establish the basic syntax and a sort of "core
loop". Then the other commands can go in on an as-required basis because
I'm sure you and others have much more experience in the requirements.

Is there some language / toolkit that you would
> prefer for debugger GUI (over Python / Gtk)?
>
> I'm not fixated on debugger GUI being part of
> the Hatari Python GUI...
>
> I don't have strong preference.

Personally I would be most pleased at anything that is cross-platform,
easily shippable for a release, and has a good response time. I end up
using both Linux (at home) and Windows (at work) when I'm coding, and I
much prefer Hatari to Steem even on Windows (I trust the code more :).  I
also collaborate with several people who use Macs.