|Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger GUI enquiry|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger GUI enquiry
- From: Steven Tattersall <steven.tattersall@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 21:17:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=I7oSiL6NOp4r0fK/rzopvzrnXacuzCRAagnaYszzUUg=; b=IsgWtpo4NGt5Lwz5Vt7bwvRltYL1sjPuZf0eCi7DxyHH+rwBxj4DJjZNy0wduvf+eP Fj5RYXvDJUr0xQA9CiyG8gvHffSZWd/E5niwYIpHp2YRTsUaqwCi73XmkFex2Ph6c1TI 47BuN87WCElRp3lh0/DJd11pOK0nkgDqARBJCD5CxBcJ4BUXOV+VfjqNh4GnoIoHVnDP mVyMa6h+o09+zYp7vrTo2//Vo6VJ7qnw5FeK1GErPc/s4TPfvDBK9bufffJwBEnX1X16 K+hyQsurJFuWSt6nZw9ByGhS22bB4mRdtg3ZlAq+rQ4WwYVKA63WO9IzhFgxbe1ZiErY IhSA==
On Fri, 8 May 2020 at 22:56, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think rest of the debugger has grown organically little by little, and
> as a result, it is crusty...
> Thanks for the background. For the starting patch I'll probably only
implement a couple of commands (probably disasm, memory, regs, possibly
simple breakpoints) an establish the basic syntax and a sort of "core
loop". Then the other commands can go in on an as-required basis because
I'm sure you and others have much more experience in the requirements.
Is there some language / toolkit that you would
> prefer for debugger GUI (over Python / Gtk)?
> I'm not fixated on debugger GUI being part of
> the Hatari Python GUI...
> I don't have strong preference.
Personally I would be most pleased at anything that is cross-platform,
easily shippable for a release, and has a good response time. I end up
using both Linux (at home) and Windows (at work) when I'm coding, and I
much prefer Hatari to Steem even on Windows (I trust the code more :). I
also collaborate with several people who use Macs.