|Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger GUI enquiry|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger GUI enquiry
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 18:22:58 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1588868579; bh=ZmrPMmMleLaKCoUAGEp/xk8EoJfWXalHbCNqvTig/+c=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=HdEtB5QpDXvXW22sZRuFm1/ED/G03O9DN0+e4ampmt/SEouv00v7klderzVyUpW5j xaZgFtUhMlK5e4YKqckd2O7TpdXYsIZvzy9CBJt3CgyisWRyVwUMcwoT82BxqNeSUb 6OBmuTF960OQ9v/6gbARhEkZAz5VzB/8Py+XNyZ66jOqFkX1NGXQrotKtYob0p0fah ZiDKT/uISNEajT8oSfNVvLvGf3gOqJs3udVU40Q2tWuMTMQoEpVWQufeSVRD/uVwod C6yqSXyCY1AKewH5tJm+b3eLyBebzvTRWTRN1hme5Tb+9d39opaUQ2yy2/kASLemaC zZtXWvCX2vIKA==
Am Thu, 7 May 2020 10:33:48 +0100
schrieb Steven Tattersall <steven.tattersall@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks Eero, thanks Nicolas.
> It seems like there's some debate about whether using remote process
> debugging is want you want. I did have to jump through some hoops to
> get single-step working, and I didn't yet do full breakpoint/stop
> detection. Obviously exposing remote debug is very powerful if the
> interface is right, and it means I could develop the tooling without
> tinkering with the core Hatari codebase too much. On the other side,
> that might be over-engineering it, when something simpler might do
> the job.
Not sure whether it's really feasible, but just an idea: Implement a
GDB-compatible stub. That's e.g. also what QEMU is doing (so you might
be able to get some inspiration there), and that way, also other
debuggers that know about m68k can be used.