Re: [hatari-devel] ikbd.c: missing #include <inttypes.h>

Am Sat, 2 May 2020 13:42:22 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 02/05/2020 à 11:49, Thomas Huth a écrit :
>
> > So if you really want to introduce such a global.h file, I'd
> > recommend to only include a very small set of headers from there
> > (e.g. only the ones from main.h and adding inttypes.h for example,
> > with a big fat warning comment not to include any other headers
> > there without a real good reason).
>
> Not a real need for me, we can leave it this way, we don't change/add
> system includes that often, so it should be possible to ensure it
> still compiles for all targets.

I can also try to add a MingW cross-compile CI job to one of the yml
files ... maybe we will detect such issues sooner that way ... hmm, I
wonder why Christer's autobuilds did not run into this issue ... maybe
it's a slightly different toolchain?

> > PS: Maybe we should also switch from SDL_types.h to the standard
> > definitions from stdint.h one day...?
>
> Is stdint.h defined on all the possible targets (amiga and more
> exotic ones) ?

AFAIK stdint.h is very standard these days. And we already include it
unconditionally in some of our .c files, so it should exist everywhere.