|Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Open Hatari in big window
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 14:19:10 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:from:subject:to:references:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=J5C3hH1Jun1omkJLNJu0Y96q48y93kPAbMCY4L4K27g=; b=WzdRFBeNlzxh4p1hzkiaQuO1ZKnbx1K+qXFty0tAfGkfaAVrE8+XVHHFNu2n4CQGKA vNSVGwlJjXbXGN3pVHgYNPRUjEPUoa56IJJladFNSf7bPbCQCyQPXsCzlSap1Am526Zh K+c77ubYOi3R6GiGRej7qrPXy8I9PphbVD8oWBGSbYTp3OZCtzeMkLiUZGEfG4dmp4to UpI0BJHWfQxsJ9L6C7awvklXAf9gcwfRtiWR7FQYAc1hZH3uhGQQ10v9Od0KbXZWYvrk qAbhZhXeluHQh3LXvGVpEkULh19yMAH8jJafo4O6JdnH9m98raTSc/5TKzYfsjuxYm3G 8XMA==
On 03/03/2020 at 07:25, Thomas Huth wrote:
I don't think that modifying RenderQuality automatically is such a good
idea here. That will only cause confusion e.g. when the users have a
look at their hatari.cfg afterwards and wonder why the setting was
I agree, options automatically changing each other is confusing.
I'd say, don't touch RenderQuality here, and if someone minds the
"horrible" scaling (it's a matter of taste anyway), they should change
the RenderQuality setting manually instead.
What matters here is the ability to scale to integer coefficients, while
keeping pixels perfectly full and square. I mean scale x1, x2, x3...
which will always produce a perfectly crisp image (what I expect).
A second and different use case is to be able to open the Hatari window
to a predefined dimension, such as 800x600. In that case the select
scaling method will matter. And personally, in the case of non-integer
coefficient, I prefer linear scaling.