Re: [hatari-devel] Big update to cpu emulation pushed to main repo

Am Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:35:26 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 23/02/2020 à 10:10, Matthias Arndt a écrit :
> > Am Sun, 23 Feb 2020 10:05:14 +0100
> > schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> >> after being generated cputbl.h should be in the same directory as
> >> all the sources in cpu/ (newcpu.c for example).
> >>
> >> If it's not the case then it might be due to your out-of-source
> >> build tree you specify ?
> >>

> > For over 15 years Hatari always compiled perfectly with cmake and
> > its out-of-source build scheme. Several distro packagers probably
> > even rely on this.
> >
> > I would be very disappointed if this feature had to be dropped from
> > Hatari just for the new cpu.
> >
> > I am sure this can be fixed in some way.
> > Probably only an include path pointing to the build source tree?
>
> please, don't start making assumption about the fact that it would be
> broken for ever. It seems it just worked "by luck" since using cmake
> (which is certainly not since 15 years btw).

Point taken. But cmake still has so many benefits as one can have
multiple compile configurations in parallel without having to checkout
all sources again and again.

I really assumed that also the main developers use the cmake
environment.

And yes I started using the cmake environment regularly since its
introduction. Hatari actually made me a strong supported of this and a
reason why my own projects use it too.

> First, does it build OK if you temporarily remove your out-of-source
> build ? (which is the way most developpers are using it here).
> If it works, then we now the cause of the problem and we can search a
> solution for it.
>
> Then people with cmake knowledge can certaily provide a patch to
> ensure cputbl.h is correctly included (is there a cmake variable that
> contains the build dir location ?)

I copied the cputbl.h now to the regular src/cpu/ subtree and it works.
Binaries untested, but compilation now continues.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Matthias

--
http://final-memory.org/