|Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 04:23:35 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1574133818; bh=HvVuGkMT004GJMqBTWNmW80daR7/6w/85UG0FTvvg1c=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=AOKJ3+OLvAzJuU5bAI+kuLt8ZAMG1GVHMfMDESaVIif8O4PsqHW+hJCkoPf4QwdAy oFu5Zzzni84YAzvXUHquHRnUZyFCSh5O+416iO7noznWSn0SBl1ddM5XwnkchGESue Q4OYpzw3Jnaj8JBEWOgUkAQUKvjsqIpo8IT36oM3dbFHTCDIKd643sKNVJmWj0h0ml TZttbRglKQYo4gRYUPlLmGb7d2Jvt8JGipNknFONOZjYH9X/3t+uygOM4B9bvAQUB+ RvMMJDvyeDdjvPzIIhLebpU0dIY83a2keblfOY/gO9zERuQR/C0mzeVOPiL/NfkcBg AJAbUtZVBakYQ==
Am Mon, 18 Nov 2019 17:20:52 +0100
schrieb Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:44:31 +0100
> schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 12:55:51 -0500
> > schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > On 17 Nov 2019 at 14:00, Matthias Arndt wrote:
> > >
> > > > Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 13:47:45 +0100
> > > > schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:
> > > > >
> > > > > Imho, *any* patch proposed for Hatari should be checked to
> > > > > work in TT and Falcon mode by its author.
> > > >
> > > > This practically will totally limit any contributions as not
> > > > every Hatari user has TT and Falcon and clones in their focus.
> > > >
> > > Since Hatari can run in TT mode & Falcon mode, I think all that
> > > Christian was suggesting that you should run a test in those modes
> > > too, with particular attention to what happens with the high-order
> > > byte of the saved PC when a crash occurs in TT-RAM. Otherwise
> > > you're adding to the developer's workload for a patch that may
> > > only be of importance to you.
> > Right. Patches are very welcome, but we're also just doing this in
> > our very rare spare time. So if additional work is required before
> > your patch is acceptable, it's only fair if you try to help / test.
> > By the way, please use TABs for indentation, not spaces. See also
> > doc/coding.txt.
> I still disagree as I wouldn't be able to decided if the result would
> be right for expanded TT or Falcon in this case.
FWIW, you can get the answer with two debugger commands on TOS 3.06:
> m 0
00000000: 60 2e 03 06 00 e0 00 30 00 e0 12 1c 00 e0 12 1c `......0........
00000010: 00 e0 12 1c 00 e0 0d 78 00 e0 12 1c 00 e0 12 1c .......x........
> d 0x00e0121c
$00e0121c : 48f8 ffff 0384 movem.l d0-d7/a0-a7,$0384.w
$00e01222 : 21ef 0002 03c4 move.l 2(sp),$03c4.w
$00e01228 : 302f 0006 move.w 6(sp),d0
$00e0122c : c07c 0fff and.w #$fff,d0
$00e01230 : e440 asr.w #2,d0
$00e01232 : 11c0 03c4 move.b d0,$03c4.w