Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger

Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 12:55:51 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 17 Nov 2019 at 14:00, Matthias Arndt wrote:
>
> > Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 13:47:45 +0100
> > schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:
> > >
> > > Imho, *any* patch proposed for Hatari should be checked to work
> > > in TT and Falcon mode by its author.
> >
> > This practically will totally limit any contributions as not every
> > Hatari user has TT and Falcon and clones in their focus.
> >
> Since Hatari can run in TT mode & Falcon mode, I think all that
> Christian was suggesting that you should run a test in those modes
> too, with particular attention to what happens with the high-order
> byte of the saved PC when a crash occurs in TT-RAM.  Otherwise you're
> adding to the developer's workload for a patch that may only be of
> importance to you.

Right. Patches are very welcome, but we're also just doing this in our
very rare spare time. So if additional work is required before your
patch is acceptable, it's only fair if you try to help / test.

By the way, please use TABs for indentation, not spaces. See also
doc/coding.txt.

 Thanks,