Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger

Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:44:31 +0100
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 12:55:51 -0500
> schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > On 17 Nov 2019 at 14:00, Matthias Arndt wrote:

> > > This practically will totally limit any contributions as not every
> > > Hatari user has TT and Falcon and clones in their focus.
> > >
> > Since Hatari can run in TT mode & Falcon mode, I think all that
> > Christian was suggesting that you should run a test in those modes
> > too, with particular attention to what happens with the high-order
> > byte of the saved PC when a crash occurs in TT-RAM.  Otherwise
> > you're adding to the developer's workload for a patch that may only
> > be of importance to you.
>
> Right. Patches are very welcome, but we're also just doing this in our
> very rare spare time. So if additional work is required before your
> patch is acceptable, it's only fair if you try to help / test.
>
> By the way, please use TABs for indentation, not spaces. See also
> doc/coding.txt.

I still disagree as I wouldn't be able to decided if the result would
be right for expanded TT or Falcon in this case.

But it is not relevant anymore as due to misunderstandings how to
invoke certain debugger starting points, my patch is to be discarded.

On the coding style, maybe a configuration for astyle or a similar tool
would be helpful to provide.

Matthias
--
http://final-memory.org/