Re: [hatari-devel] Basepage and proc_lives debugging from the debugger

Am Sun, 17 Nov 2019 12:48:27 +0100
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

> Matthias Arndt schrieb:
>
> > I would also like to ask if the debugger can display automatically
> > on exception? It makes it easier for the more occasional user of the
> > debugger.
>
> What do you mean by "display automatically on exception"? That Hatari
> should break into the debugger when an exception occurs? Yes, this is
> possible:
> <https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/manual.html#Invoking_the_debugger>.
>
> This is also why I never had the need to display proc_lives under
> Hatari. I simply break at the exception and can examine registers and
> memory.

This always pointed to TOS and its exception handler in my cases and
not into the application causing the crash.
This is very inconvenient and lead me into the wrong direction on
several occasions.

So I consider the Post mortem information far more valuable in this
case.

Best regards,
Matthias

--