Re: [hatari-devel] MEMWATCH freezes Hatari

Le 23/10/2018 à 18:37, Uwe Seimet a écrit :
Today (note that I did not recompile anything ...) the situation is a
bit different. PD does not crash anymore, but Tempus Word still does.
This time, when PMMU and PF and CE are enabled, Tempus Word crashes with
a double bus fault. When only PMMU is enabled it freezes, then there are
14 bombs, and after some time (about 5 seconds) Hatari crashes with a
segfault.
Even though I compiled with -g gdb only shows this:

Thread 1 "hatari" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00005555578a4f3c in regs ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00005555578a4f3c in regs ()
#1  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()

So all in all, the symptoms of the problem are still the same: Either
freezing or a double bus fault.

hi,

were these tests done when booting from some HD images or from a floppy with no HD configured at all ?
If not from a floppy, could you try it ?

By formatting the floppy in ED mode, I think you might be able to copy memwatch + the necessary tempus files to start it, up to the point where it usually crashes.

Then try to boot this floppy with no hatari.cfg and by specifying all config parameters on the command line.