Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari and OUTSIDE (virtual memory manager)

>  From there, what should I do to check the virtual memory ? Start a
> program that needs a lot of RAM ? If I just open C from the desktop
> displayed from outside.img, there's no problem.

Yes, you should use some memory-hungry software. Starting an application
without the Fastload-Flag set should also result in swapping.

> At what point do you get crash / unstability in your case ?

I got bus errors when starting the first application (forgot which one).
I will test again once MEMWATCH is running with my setup, because
MEMWATCH is less complex wrt PMMU usage, but in some respects (bus error
handling) similar to OUTSIDE.

Looks as if I have bad luck these days with Hatari: When I switch on
cycle exact (but not prefetch or PMMU) the first time HDDRUTIL is
launched it displays only parts of the name of devices managed by the
NetFeats SCSI Driver for Linux. When launchting HDDRUTIL the second time
the display is correct. Without cycle exact everything is fine right from
the start. Looks as if this option causes a side effect that affects the
SCSI Driver. Any idea what this could be?

Best regards

Uwe