Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari and OUTSIDE (virtual memory manager)

Le 04/10/2018 à 14:48, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I tried your config file, and no crash for me.

From your traces and from nvdi's crash with christian's logs, I'm quite sure there's a bug somewhere in the 68030's cache when mmu is used (the code path / memory access functions are different than 68030 with caches and no mmu).

For whatever reasons (compilation env, flags, OS, ...) the cache problem triggers also in your case, while for me it doesn't with romspeed.

I'm actually looking at the cache issue, once it's fixed (which can take quite some time to get to the root of the problem), I will post some patch to try.

Until then, I don't think more tests are needed on your side.

hi

see the thread about NVDI and the patch to automatically disable cache when necessary, this might have been the cause of the crash you got.

With today's change and previous changes regarding ptest instruction (patch by andreas), romspeed should hopefully works better for you.

Also outside might be better (I didn't test yet)