Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari freezing when running FIX24.PRG

Le 09/10/2018 à 20:10, Uwe Seimet a écrit :
Hi,

Yes, that's the other option I was considering, that fix24.prg doesn't
support so much ST RAM.

Yes, I can confirm that now. With 14 MB ST-RAM FIX24 will overwrite large
parts of memory starting at address $0700 because it keeps setting up
wrong (too many) page descriptors. Looks as if I will have to build a
version 1.3 after 25 years :-).

Any idea why it is not possible to use Ctrl-C to terminate Hatari in
this case? I would have expected Hatari to evaluate signals any time.

Hatari check for keys presses during the internal VBL handler (which always happen, even when SR=2700, contrary to the emulated VBL).

But in that case Hatari enters some kind of situation where no more instruction are executed, so cycles counter doesn't increase anymore and the internal VBL handler doesn't trigger, even after a long time.

There could be some kind of watchdog to detect such situation, but it could impact performance when everything goes right.

I might try to have a look at this if I get some time.