Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari and OUTSIDE (virtual memory manager)

Don't understand me wrong, but what just surprises me is that simply trying
to launch two programs using the PMMU has already revealed several issues
with the PMMU code.
Regarding virtual memory, I would expect NeXTstep not to differ a lot
from OUTSIDE (or VRAM, which is the other virtual memory manager for the
Atari), because all in all there are not that many choices on how to
implement virtual memory. But for NeXTstep it was probably more
straightforward because in contrast to TOS it was designed (at least I
assume so) to use virtual memory.

You only had access to the data sheets, not to the full manuals? I
haven't looked at the data sheets for ages, but if I remember correctly
they contain much less information than the manuals, which nowadays can
be downloaded.

It's not possible to trace PMMU usage with Hatari, is it? This might
help to identify problems, in particular with software like ASV where no
sources are available.

Best regards

Uwe