Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Problems with GEMDOS drive support

On 9/19/18 12:59 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 19 Sep 2018 at 0:03, Eero Tamminen wrote:
On 9/18/18 3:57 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
I've done some investigation on my system with config files set up to boot
Falcon with TOS4.04.  I'm using images of IDE drives, each 80MB in size with
4
partitions.  I have the config option set to map the GEMDOS drive
partition
after the ACSI/IDE partitions.

If I boot with one image mapped to the IDE master, then the GEMDOS drive
is
visible, so I see drives C: to G: inclusive on the desktop.  If I boot with
two
images (mapped to master & slave), then only one is visible, and the
GEMDOS
image isn't visible either (I only see drives C: to F: inclusive).  I
don't
think this can be right, or even intended.

Do your two IDE images work any better *without* GEMDOS HD?

No.

OK, so it's IDE issue.

Which hard disk driver & version you're using with TOS v4.04?

AHDI v5.00

Does anybody know whether that actually supports both
IDE master & slave?

How you have configured your hard disk driver to map
the partitions from these two drives (at least HD driver
has options for this, maybe also others)?

Good question - this was set up so long ago, I've forgotten.  It could very
well explain why the slave partitions aren't visible.  But I still don't see
why the GEMDOS drive would disappear altogether.

What output you have about Hatari HD partition mapping with:
	--trace scsi_cmd,ide
?

Ah, at this point I'm going to pass.  I only started this thread because MiKRO
was having problems, I was trying to reproduce them, and I ran into this
situation.  Since I'm never going to use this setup in practice, I don't really
care enough to pursue it further.  Sorry to bother you.

Without knowing:
* how many partitions Hatari counted from the IDE images
* where Hatari decided to put the GEMDOS HD as a result,
* and whether it actually was visible as that drive
  (after doing "install devices")

It's hard to say whether "GEMDOS HD was visible" or not. :-)