Problems with GEMDOS drive support (was: Re: [hatari-devel] updating docs)

On 17 Sep 2018 at 9:40, Miro Kropácek wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Sep 2018 at 00:09, Roger Burrows <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Of course, I'm usually using EmuTOS :-), but I don't recall any problems
> > with Atari TOS.
> >
> This specific scenario is for me mostly required in TOS. I can look further
> into that but I don't think I do something special - just map an IDE image
> with two partitions + GEMDOS HD.

I've done some investigation on my system with config files set up to boot a
Falcon with TOS4.04.  I'm using images of IDE drives, each 80MB in size with 4
partitions.  I have the config option set to map the GEMDOS drive partition
after the ACSI/IDE partitions.

If I boot with one image mapped to the IDE master, then the GEMDOS drive is
visible, so I see drives C: to G: inclusive on the desktop.  If I boot with two
images (mapped to master & slave), then only one is visible, and the GEMDOS
image isn't visible either (I only see drives C: to F: inclusive).  I don't
think this can be right, or even intended.

The Hatari version is 2.1.0, compiled on Mar 3, 2018.

Attached are the config files.

Roger