Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Problems with GEMDOS drive support

On 19 Sep 2018 at 0:03, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> On 9/18/18 3:57 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
> > I've done some investigation on my system with config files set up to boot
> > Falcon with TOS4.04.  I'm using images of IDE drives, each 80MB in size with
> 4
> > partitions.  I have the config option set to map the GEMDOS drive
> partition
> > after the ACSI/IDE partitions.
> >
> > If I boot with one image mapped to the IDE master, then the GEMDOS drive
> is
> > visible, so I see drives C: to G: inclusive on the desktop.  If I boot with
> two
> > images (mapped to master & slave), then only one is visible, and the
> GEMDOS
> > image isn't visible either (I only see drives C: to F: inclusive).  I
> don't
> > think this can be right, or even intended.
>
> Do your two IDE images work any better *without* GEMDOS HD?

No.

> Which hard disk driver & version you're using with TOS v4.04?

AHDI v5.00

> How you have configured your hard disk driver to map
> the partitions from these two drives (at least HD driver
> has options for this, maybe also others)?

Good question - this was set up so long ago, I've forgotten.  It could very
well explain why the slave partitions aren't visible.  But I still don't see
why the GEMDOS drive would disappear altogether.

> What output you have about Hatari HD partition mapping with:
> 	--trace scsi_cmd,ide
> ?

Ah, at this point I'm going to pass.  I only started this thread because MiKRO
was having problems, I was trying to reproduce them, and I ran into this
situation.  Since I'm never going to use this setup in practice, I don't really
care enough to pursue it further.  Sorry to bother you.

Roger