|Re: [hatari-devel] ST bus error results|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] ST bus error results
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:34:29 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1524911670; bh=dUtwtmEtTP6pEokVMmjrZQoZVsgdOB7cLxUL6aRNqRQ=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=cYtDbFryPnhzhtyIN5LlI0z2DDuLxwX/XfeQzOo/Rb7O/ogyGvWd23zgoheR8qVGz ZwLPlq0VRUzzGYz0KEtljnJhp6utvgih4x/bXkcaVvqKGQ2vJtawUeXqJrYnyp+TA0 wTq+C51uR992h0OluM5wxcup0GtIK+/TjvXRodm64d+cgg6zjYFWDlUeNnJ5OQALRn RqbALwbe+UrdJ+T4068z34BnLq7CSVMt6C99q5/ipX2zULTLWp0lKpVncz3plJHaIr FaKrm0SWo/hruxM3r8rOxepA8ZcA3qVean4DvZbVxTmDBSrz80KDIiIgT2I9lKfYtS xXk0QIGGlXzlQ==
Am Sat, 28 Apr 2018 12:06:23 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:
> Thomas Huth schrieb:
> > Would be interesting to
> > know whether Ricoh chips have still been used for Mega-STs, or if
> > all Megas were already shipped with an IMP chip...
> I think that Megas were also shipped with Ricoh chipset. Browsing the
> Mega ST mainboard photo gallery at
> <https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=55>, one finds two
> mainboards with Ricoh chips.
Wow, ok, thanks for digging that out!
> However, I wonder how to integrate this into Hatari. A chipset
> selection option would be too technical for most users, I think.
Yes, I agree. Well, since the IMP chipset was AFAIK mainly used on
later revisions, and the Mega-STs came later than the original STs, I
think we could simply continue with the current approach and just
update the comments in the source (and maybe the documentation) a
little bit, i.e. plain ST = Ricoh chipset, Mega-ST = IMP chipset.
> PS: Note that the IMP chipset not only differs in terms of bus error
> generation but e.g. also in terms of handling of memory banks by the
Right, Nicolas already implemented some stuff in stMemory.c for this. I
think we should then just switch the Mega-ST over to IMP behavior. Does
that sound ok for you, Nicolas?