|Re: [hatari-devel] ST bus error results (was: New EmuTOS floppy code causes bus error on (Hatari-emulated) MegaST)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] ST bus error results (was: New EmuTOS floppy code causes bus error on (Hatari-emulated) MegaST)
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:08:31 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1524906518; bh=R46VtezxozyTmKLtYcP/FtQmqU/d8bZg13oUglFKY+g=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=SzskNqgLswTeaoqoZ/NkozCbIwRAlKWoXmRhxIEMXwl8nI72VPBPyAntv5T6QrY1/ bBhJv6v4IMQDIyqqU70ZYGJ7hAclyuhjsuzMEtmjGOxGjeVL2vdiWsc3My9hwpw0+Q BDy4Xz5CpBYM8ZSALJ98TBw6IopAXZz+lJEUsM44SG5WBHuIE7+M/JWFSzLI9tZM+q Z5riWvWhMMLj8tSSCZkHDGkMXz+JP4YCgdp3yxQnwhbwl4Ufd2VlBSa2HTj3SY4d5P L85FRv48jcvTojq+85UaHfS05wL5Y3bBOEzVRG+qOU25/F3sTH1qTM+AQavoOw/F9m 2qJ+1OaZa3UpA==
Am Sat, 28 Apr 2018 10:46:16 +0200
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:
> Thomas Huth schrieb:
> > Am Fri, 27 Apr 2018 21:23:24 +0200
> > schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:
> >> EmuTOS also crashes on real hardware, namely one of my two
> >> 1040STF. It runs on the other one. I think Hatari is wrong insofar
> >> as the difference is not between ST and MegaST but between Ricoh
> >> chipset (=no bus error for $FFFF860F) and IMP chipset (=bus error
> >> for $FFFF860F).
> > Oh, that's interesting. Could you please run the bus error testers
> > from Hatari (folder tests/buserror/) on both machines and mail the
> > results to the hatari-devel mailing list?
> Here they are, for a 1040STF with Ricoh chipset (-38) and a 1040STF
> with IMP chipset. You can see some differences between those two
> chipsets. Note that the IMP machine has been retrofitted with a
> Blitter which explains the differences around $FF8Axx.
Great, thanks for the files! The IMP file indeed matches the file that
has once been contributed by a Mega-ST user. So the difference is
really not ST vs. Mega-ST, but IMP vs. Ricoh! Would be interesting to
know whether Ricoh chips have still been used for Mega-STs, or if all
Megas were already shipped with an IMP chip...
> If you really
> need results without Blitter I'll have to see how to remove it
> temporarily. (I think this involves some soldering.)
Thanks for the offer, but I think that's not necessary right now.