Re: [hatari-devel] Bug in Hatari 2.0

Am Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:17:58 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 27 Jan 2018 at 12:52, Thomas Huth wrote:
>
> > Am Fri, 26 Jan 2018 23:08:37 -0500
> > schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > I discovered
> > > that it seem to be an artefact of my configuration file: if I
> > > change anything e.g. by specifying --machine, the problem doesn't
> > > happen. Obviously I should be able to just start from scratch &
> > > save a new config file, but before I do that, do you have an
> > > interest in a copy of the one that causes the problem?
> >
> > Yes, please post your config file to the list. It might be good to
> > fix incompatibility issues with old config files before we do a new
> > release.
> OK, thanks, here it is.

Thanks! With that config file, I can reproduce the crash even with the
latest version from the Mercurial repo. Seems like the problem is when
you specify an FPU together with the GEMDOS hard disk. I was able to
reproduce it with this minimal config file, too:

[HardDisk]
bUseHardDiskDirectory = TRUE
szHardDiskDirectory = /tmp/hatari/gemdos.drv

[ROM]
szTosImageFileName = /tmp/hatari/etos512k.img

[System]
n_FPUType = 68882

The "n_FPUType = 68882" seems to trigger a re-initialization of the CPU
tables (even though it likely should not do that) as soon as you press
the OK button in the GUI. I guess that somehow kills the special
GEMDOS HD opcodes of Hatari, so that you finally run into a crash.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have much time for further debugging
(for the next 1.5 weeks) ... so either somebody else needs to have a
closer look or this has to wait a little bit.