Re: [hatari-devel] Bug in Hatari 2.0

Le 28/01/2018 à 17:23, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sat, 27 Jan 2018 16:17:58 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On 27 Jan 2018 at 12:52, Thomas Huth wrote:

Am Fri, 26 Jan 2018 23:08:37 -0500
schrieb "Roger Burrows" <anodyne@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I discovered
that it seem to be an artefact of my configuration file: if I
change anything e.g. by specifying --machine, the problem doesn't
happen. Obviously I should be able to just start from scratch &
save a new config file, but before I do that, do you have an
interest in a copy of the one that causes the problem?

Yes, please post your config file to the list. It might be good to
fix incompatibility issues with old config files before we do a new
release.
OK, thanks, here it is.

Thanks! With that config file, I can reproduce the crash even with the
latest version from the Mercurial repo. Seems like the problem is when
you specify an FPU together with the GEMDOS hard disk. I was able to
reproduce it with this minimal config file, too:

[HardDisk]
bUseHardDiskDirectory = TRUE
szHardDiskDirectory = /tmp/hatari/gemdos.drv

[ROM]
szTosImageFileName = /tmp/hatari/etos512k.img

[System]
n_FPUType = 68882

The "n_FPUType = 68882" seems to trigger a re-initialization of the CPU
tables (even though it likely should not do that) as soon as you press
the OK button in the GUI. I guess that somehow kills the special
GEMDOS HD opcodes of Hatari, so that you finally run into a crash.
Unfortunately, I currently don't have much time for further debugging
(for the next 1.5 weeks) ... so either somebody else needs to have a
closer look or this has to wait a little bit.

Hi

when I try this with my config, it just prints :
FPU is not supported in 68000/010 configurations.

Does this need a specific CPU or machine type to see the problem ?