Re: [hatari-devel] Enabling NatFeats support

Am Sun, 28 Jan 2018 12:47:51 +0100
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sonntag, 28. Januar 2018 11:54:40 CET Vincent Rivière wrote:
> >  But the interface
> > is inconsistent: some features are only available in the UI,
> >command-line or config file.
>
> I think that all features available in the UI are also available in
> the config file and command-line, just not the other way around. The
> reason might be that, if you look at the command-line help, there are
> way to many of them to put them all in the UI. Also, whenever you add
> a new feature, you would have to modify at least 3 GUIs (SDL, OSX and
> the python wrapper).

Right, the GUI is already quite crowded, so we should also avoid
putting options in there that are likely rather unusable by the normal
users. With regards to NatFeats: This is very limited in Hatari
anyway, the main feature here is the native printing to the terminal
window. So to be able to use NatFeats with Hatari, you likely have to
run it from a terminal window anyway, and then you can also use
the --natfeats parameter to enable it.