Re: [hatari-devel] New SYNC release. New Hatari bugs found ;)

Le 04/11/2017 à 13:06, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 04/11/2017 à 12:48, Troed Sångberg a écrit :
Well this is strange. GEMDOS HD emulation works fine here - the intro is "TOS clean" and definitely doesn't care about cartridges :) HD access works fine from AS within Hatari with that.

Will make more tests, maybe I did sthg wrong.

Can't reproduce, maybe I used an unstable/dev version by mistake. I confirm HD emulation works and can be accessed from AS fileselector.

BTW, a small "bug" in the intro you added : if you start in STE mode with tos 1.62 for example, then DMA sound is used to play the module, but key sound is not disabled, so you can hear 'click' when pressing keys, which is not very pleasing for the ears :)

It's OK, I can reproduce it with your description ; the problem is in the memory bank mapping of the MMU. For some reasons after the reboot it uses 1 MB for bank0 and nothing for bank1 (which in fact means 128 KB, hence your values) instead of using 2 banks of 512 KB as it's the case after a clean boot in STF+1MB mode.

I will look to fix this today.

This is now fixed ; the problem was that physical size for RAM bank0 and bank1 were only computed at start, but not updated when total RAM was changed later from the UI and a reset was made.

This could be visible when both size and machine were changed, as STF and STE have different MMU mapping for RAM.
Thanks for pointing this.