[hatari-devel] New SYNC release. New Hatari bugs found ;)

[ Thread Index | Date Index | More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives ]

Hi list,

I've been hacking away at the Audio Sculpture v1.5 beta image the last week, and released a SYNC version of it tonight: http://sync.wtf/AS15SYNC.ZIP

During the final testing I discovered two issues in Hatari.

1) In the current dev versions, but not in Hatari 2.0, something's wrong with memory detection in ST mode. $42e (memtop) becomes 00 22 00 00 when I test with 512KB or 1MB RAM size, and from that follows that $44e (video mem address) becomes 00 21 80 00. If you try to boot the image above on 1MB ST with Hatari dev you should get nothing on screen due to that.

2) In TT mode (68030/16/MMU is what I tested) I had no issues until I added my intro, and then something really strange happened. It's been tested not to happen on real hw, but this issue is the same on Hatari v2.0 and current dev versions it seems. This is in the Audio Sculpture code, so something changes in the emulation from when I only loaded the AS binaries compared to when running the (TOS friendly) intro beforehand as well. But, on real hw it's fine.

$0000f3bc : 836d 00a0                          or.w      d1,$a0(a5)
$0000f3c0 : 836d 00a2                          or.w      d1,$a2(a5)

I'm stepping the two instructions above. If we look at the registers we clearly see "next PC" being f3c0 after f3bc:

  D0 4681836E   D1 003DE350   D2 00000008   D3 00000009
  D4 00000006   D5 003DE350   D6 00000000   D7 0000FFFF
  A0 003DE350   A1 00027D17   A2 0001006A   A3 0002FFA1
  A4 003D8500   A5 003DE300   A6 003DE3A0   A7 003D9BE8
USP  003DA6F2 ISP  003D9BE8 SFC  00000000 DFC  00000000
CACR 00003010 VBR  00000000 CAAR 00000000 MSP  00000000
T=00 S=1 M=0 X=0 N=0 Z=0 V=0 C=0 IMASK=3 STP=0
FPSR: 00000000 FPCR: 00000000 FPIAR: 00e00460 N=0 Z=0 I=0 NAN=0
SRP: 0 CRP: 8000000200000700
TT0: 017E8107 TT1: 807E8507 TC: 80F04445
Prefetch 0000f3c0 00000003 (1) 0681 (1) 0000 (1) 0003 (1)
0000F3BC 836d 00a0                OR.W D1,(A5, $00a0) == $003de3a0 [80c0]
Next PC: 0000f3c0

> s

CPU=$f3be, VBL=1837, FrameCycles=256659, HBL=252, LineCycles=627, DSP=N/A
$0000f3be : 00a0 836d 00a2                     ori.l     #$836d00a2,-(a0)

... but only one word was consumed, PC is set to f3be, and then decodes from there instead ... 


Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+ http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/