|Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] resizable windows
- From: Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 16:16:02 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id :subject:to; bh=4Dsel8ubm/ZpDmuiZOhf00odR2d3FKmh6g8/IteW90E=; b=fv0M9sj7twc4qHgAZPjrs+bLD989XNfM+4Xcw6uBiwuWT85vkNnPpgrj2gesoNo3fz knxfyfGdYKdXnywtOJs+iG4bnuqnuTEMq4Sw6CBPLVqQukXmrdGcDbheO2TUMhatS5ac gXmj5Z/VyVnLiwDA6sQU9+OqdVEcGQ/67Usp8CBBlUbRNtruIYpiunETwK0pBQ4rRpVy 0aItlV4t0ny6kNn0WeDVUB9lq1xDtAvKVh0dbofwXyZHrnVOrz+3jwzzo4YTwiUG9ehM eMYFlYf/N33Ha3AfU8BEGyaWEHO5zz5hpDHAMP8LKeCOpSG1YbzeAcuqeoaxt/QzRRQr TlZQ==
I re-iterate that the current aspect ratio is wrong. Atari pixels are 0.9/1 and anyone who cares about round objects looking round either when developing in Hatari for use on target, or for watching stuff made on target long ago on a modern monitor, you _need_ to change the aspect ratio.
"and later on the 16-bit Atari ST (low-resolution 320×200 pixels) each pixel was roughly .9×1 As such, any graphic drawn to look correct on such a display ends up looking slightly distorted on modern system with truly square pixels. "
Hatari is meant to emulate so, IMHO, if there should be any settings dealing with aspect ration it should be to scale to 0.9/1 ... with SDL2 and most people running a multiple of the native number of pixels this will look quite good, mostly. If someone needs pixel-perfect, but with the wrong aspect ratio, that's another setting.
With that said, I agree that the fixed options of 0.9/1 and 1/1 are better than completely dynamic.