|Re: [hatari-devel] FPU update|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] FPU update
- From: Douglas Little <doug694@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 11:15:20 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=A/6lgYpDg7o7uNudtMf6/xdzN5nVa54c5+sckSo6Uv0=; b=JSJoZ/UcjGfdLda7ghbN4ifflL/VLwEqxJzcZjRyZ0xafgxQr7Hfb9X/glZpXPqOC2 3o6lo5r49eOpcpgs3rJlwBhWYNTe7rzeo1cJrA2Mtw3CYDQf57sQkUhOg+uJ/IDHMLZs U3XBWKJ/F0PLH73WqA/2klHwJhk/ALJld7SLiZLhlS+7IKNcfmW6SRA3OQLHKA6yf1dx AvChHCgsWTLenoIosjImZ188K18lMrX9lfuIi/D/yjOb3n4Zos7g9e9XI/ZwahPYu7b4 1A0gqQ2sRz+itmBadX2w236EbhmOUDSDojokBOlcfJBeDYpW8bXaJ+dTzmQXBtBX90eD IFRg==
A general question on this stuff - will Hatari's HW-backed FPU emulation benefit from any of these fixes, now or in future?
Exactness/precision isn't so much of an issue for the HW-backed emulation, as its usually a small price to pay for emulation speed - but condition codes and rounding control are important. If these can be kept correct without exploding the expense it would be a good thing...