Re: [hatari-devel] Regression in 2.0.0 RC1

Le 27/10/2016 à 20:23, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:

I wonder if the DMA sound doesn't output anything after a reset until
something is really written to dma start and/or end addresses ?

Just a theory -- sadly, I don't own an STE to test this on the actual
hardware. If both start and end addresses are initialized to 0, as you
say, will the sound playback maybe stop instantly after being started,
so that no (random) sound is being played? I suppose, with enough
perseverance, one could deduce the actual behavior from the GSTMCU's
schematics, which we have now: <http://www.chzsoft.de/asic-web/>

Hi

I know from another demo that if you set start=end, then sound will be played (I think dma first increases start by 1 word, then compare with end, so you will play the whole RAM if you do that, but it's possible).

Maybe there's a special case when start=end=0, or maybe there's so kind of "unitialized state" after a reset where we would read 0 for start/end, but the DMA would not start anyway ?

Hard to test without the real HW :)