Re: [hatari-devel] Regression in 2.0.0 RC1

Le 27/10/2016 à 17:56, Anders Eriksson a écrit :

I had a look at the intro, and basically I see a problem with how STE
DMA sound is set during replayer init :

move.b    #1,$ffff8901.w
move.w    #$7ff,$ffff8924.w
move.w    #$401,$ffff8922.w

Replayer is "undead ym tracker", but this looks like a bug in the
replay : it starts DMA sound, but it never set start/end address, so
this will just play the content of the whole RAM :(

Are you able to check this on a real STE, I'm not sure the sound will
be correct either ?

Hi!

Running it now on my STe, and it works like it did on 1.9.0, e.g.
without noise. Great Jess track. For some reason we havn't ripped it for
the SNDH archive, time to do that :)

this is strange ; at reset, I set dma start / dma end addresses to 0 (TOS 1.62 doesn't init them during boot).
Did you use tos 1.62 or 2.04 ?

after booting to gem desktop, could run a small program to read ff8903/05/07 and ff890f/11/13 ? (from monst maybe)

Hopefully, if TOS doesn't init dma start/end, we should have the value set during reset.

Also, if you just run the 3 above instructions from devpac after booting, does it start to play noisy sound or just silence ?